01 09 10

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Back to School...What I'm Doing

Howdy folks...yeah..it's that time of year. Just spent the day at the amusement park with my daughter and it finally hit me. I go back to work on Monday. August 4th seems a bit too early if you ask me..But nonetheless, it's going to hit too quickly and I'll be a zombie the first couple of weeks until the sleep schedule kicks in again. I'm definitely going to miss my late night quiet time.

Anyway, I've recently been gathering up all of my Back to School files and stuff and updating some of the older ones with new fonts and such and I thought I would share what I use for those first few days back, along with what we do the first couple of weeks in.

Day One always brings with it my Back to School Facebook Wall. These are completed on the very first day and always make up my bulletin board for when Open House hits. The kids love them and I just recently updated some alignment issues and changed a few fonts. You can click the image below to grab one up if you like.


I also always have some sort of color by math fact ready to go for morning work those first couple of days. Since we're just now third graders and haven't yet learned to multiply, it's always an addition fact mosaic that they jump into on the first day. They're super easy and I have them for all sorts of holidays and times of year, and my kids beg to do them during math stations. These are a couple of my back to school sets. 


This year I've made several other things for the Back to School season and haven't yet decided on which ones I want to use or file away for another day. I don't spend a LOT of time on BTS projects but I always try to get in at least one or two. Plus, I have an empty bulletin board in my classroom that I may just utilize for one of these projects.

    

I'm headed into school tomorrow to wait around for the delivery man all day I guess. I have a new kidney table that I got from DonorsChoose.org that is being delivered and I have to be the one to take it off the truck.. ugh... My poor old muscles can't take much more strain after today's multiple rounds on the roller coaster. I'm definitely not as wild and crazy as I thought I was..my seven year old kicked my tail today!

Make sure you check back in real soon, and if you see anything you like, wishlist it! There might just be an event coming that you may like. Have a great weekend and I'll see you all on the flipside!

No comments:

Post a Comment